Next week the CITY SHAPERSM Challenge will be released, and we hope you’ll join us for a season filled with creativity and innovation as the students work together to create an innovative solution that will help shape our future.
Here’s everything you need to know to get started.
Assembling Your Team: You’ll need two or more committed adult mentors to guide your team of up to 10 students as they work together designing, building, and programming their robot.
Program Cost: You can start your team for around $800, which includes your team’s FIRST® LEGO® League Season Registration ($225) and CITY SHAPERSM Challenge Set ($75) and LEGO®MINDSTORMS® ($496) robotics set. There is also a $75 Regional Activity fee that pays for your teams qualifier event (there is no additional charge for teams advancing to the West TN Championship).
Your CITY SHAPER Challenge Set includes an exclusive selection of LEGO® models that illustrate real-world problems your team will create their robot to solve.
Available Resources: Regardless of your technical experience, our resources are here to help guide you through your first year. FIRST LEGO League team members are encouraged to bring any skills they have and a passion for learning and exploration – that goes for students and coaches!
- Team Management Resources from coaching tips to FIRST LEGO League Table Building Instructions
- Programming and robot building
- Team Meeting Guides and enough Engineering Notebooks for each student to record their ideas and track their progress (included with season registration)
- Exclusive CITY SHAPER graphics
- To register a team, login or create an account HERE.
If you have questions about our resources, program costs, or robotics kit options, email team support at firstname.lastname@example.org.