On Monday, May 5, 2014 at noon EST, FLL’s new registration system will open for teams. The LEGO Education Product Order Site will open on Tuesday, May 6, 2014 by 11:00 AM EST.
The FLL registration system gives FLL and FIRST the ability to implement:
- One cross-organizational registration system for all programs to improve user experience and promote the progression of FIRST programs.
- A universal set of team questions for all FIRST programs
- New team/youth and volunteer safety requirements including having event volunteers, and/or two coaches identified & screened for each registered team
- Screening does not require the collection of social security numbers but individuals can self-select to provide this information
- Option to donate to help defray the cost of the individual’s screening
- It can take up to two business days before coaches/volunteers are notified via email of their screening status
- Ability for Teams reusing team numbers in subsequent seasons.
- Team management tools for coaches and partners which will be released in late May
- On-line Consent and Release Forms for teams and volunteers attending/volunteering at events
- Parent Invitation email process for Consent and Release signatures for students
- On-line team roster creation and management
This registration system does require changes for both teams and partners.
- A different process for team registration & product grants.
- The implementation of a new LEGO Education Product ordering site, which precludes LEGO Education for being the single-source payment service for FLL teams.
- Product ordering is only available after both coaches associated with the team have passed screening.