FIRST HQ is pleased to inform you that we received the funds today and are ready to dispense to teams. We’ve implemented a new process this season that will expedite funds and disburse to teams directly.
- All FIRST LEGO League teams in the TVA Service Area (which includes ALL the West TN FLL Region) are eligible for funding, which will cover team registration only ($225)
- Teams must begin the registration process with FIRST and hold a team number, however, teams must NOT pay for registration as it will forfeit their TVA Grant. No exceptions, substitutions or refunds will be made.
- A maximum of 400 TVA team grants are available on a first come, first served basis. Funds will be available until December 1, 2017 OR until team registration closes in your region/nationally OR until we reach the 400 team grant cap – whichever comes first. If we get close to reaching the 400 team cap, an update will be posted on this website.
- All teams interested in receiving TVA funds must submit a very short online application to FIRST
- If you received the TVA funding last year, you should have have already received these instructions via email.
TVA Grant Process
- FIRST will review all grant requests each Wednesday by noon, Eastern Time.
- FIRST will send the grant requests to Tennessee Valley Authority to verify the team’s location within their service area. This process usually takes 48 hours.
- Once FIRST receives the approval back from Tennessee Valley Authority, teams can expect the grant funds to be available within 5 business days.
- Teams should expect to receive 3 emails during the application process:
- 1. To confirm that they have successfully submitted the application
- 2. To notify them of approval and application of funds
3. Information about recognizing/thanking TVA and the use of the TVA logo.