From FIRST HQ:
We are excited to announce the upcoming release of the NEW Team Registration portion of our website, which will replace the existing Team Information Management Systems (TIMS). With this change, the need for four separate program Team registration systems goes away – the new team registration is now an extension of firstinspires.org website. The new team registration process will make it much easier for Coaches and Mentors to create and manage their teams. This will allow them to reduce time on administrative activities, giving them more time to spend mentoring their teams.
Features of the new process include:
- Simple easy-to-use “wizard” approach to all program registrations
- Reduced data requirements and streamlined entry choices
- Simple dashboard serves as a launch point for all registration-related processes and shows the overall status of the user’s teams across all four FIRST programs (e.g. If a Coach has a FIRST® LEGO® League Team and a FIRST® Tech Challenge Team they will have visibility into status of each team from one location)
- The ability to register, pay for, and manage teams using a common workflow for all four FIRST programs
- New easy-to-use payment and grant processing functionality provides visibility to grants awarded and the ability to pay for multiple teams at once
- System is optimized for both desktop and smartphone browsers
The new site will be launched with our FIRST® LEGO® League season opening on May 10th and then will be available for the opening of the other programs seasons:
- FIRST® Tech Challenge on May 18th
- FIRST® Robotics Competition on May 19th
- FIRST ®LEGO League Jr. on August 1st
All existing user accounts will remain the same, and all existing teams will be rolled forward to the new season as we normally do at this time of year and will be accessible from the new site. You can view example pages from the new site here.