WHAT: Workshop for new coaches, new robot clubs, and new FIRST LEGO League teams
WHO: Teachers, parents, and mentors of grades 4th through 8th interested in forming a Robot club or team. students can accompany coaches and parents, but parents and coaches must supervise them. Please bring your own robot and laptop if you have one.
WHEN: March 1, 2014 from 9:00 am to 12:00 PM
WHERE: Christian Brothers University – Nolan Engineering Building ‐ Second Floor
Rooms N236, N237, and N241
PARKING: Central Lot ‐ FREE PARKING
COST: There is no charge for this workshop, but space is limited. Registration is required.
A FIRST LEGO League field mat with all the missions will be given away as a door prize!
MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!
How to manage a robot club
- What robot should we use?
- How do we set up the programming?
- How do we decide what to do at the next meeting?
- Who should do what?
Robot Programming Hands‐on Activity
- Program your own robot to compete on a FIRST LEGO League Field.
- LEGO NXT and LEGO EV3 robots will be available to down load your programs to.
- Computer lab with development software preloaded for NXT and EV3.
- CBU students available to help with programming basics.
SPACE IS LIMITED and slots will go to those who register first. The remainder will be put on a waiting list and notified if slots become available. Each coach and team member must register.
TO REGISTER: CLICK HERE and select the event and enter the number of people attending up to 10. Individuals welcome!
MUST REGISTER BEFORE FEBRUARY 27, 2014